Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Altec 9318 reverb unit.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member piphans64's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi to all fellow Altec buffs.
    New to the user's board, thrilled to finally have time to join.
    Among all my Altec equipment I have a reverb unit model 9318, currently non functional.
    Does anyone on this board have any tecnical documentation for this, schematics, manual or other?
    It has been sitting idle for far too long.
    Any and all answers are appreciated.
    SPW.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome!

    The only Altec reverb units I know of were those built into the old console mixers, which didn't have independant model #s, as they were integral to the mixer. If your unit was made in the 90's, it may be a re-branded EV unit (yeah, they did that for awhile). If such is the case, all that's needed is to determine the model # of the equivalent EV unit, and then look for that info on either the EV site, or the (huge) Telex FTP site.

    If you could give a detailed description, or maybe post a pic, I'll gladly help you look. I'm guessing it's a black 1U digital rack model, but I guess wrong quite often.

    If it's an older mechanical unit with springs, the circuitry is very simple, as there will just be a simple buffering amp on both in and out, to make up for the insertion loss of the spring tank, and to match system levels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.